Critical illness insurance helps cover the unexpected costs and potential loss of income associated with a serious illness. From the additional costs associated with medicine and treatment, to travel, home care and specific accommodations if needed, treating and recovering from an illness can have a devastating financial impact. Plus, if you’re unable to work during your recovery, the impact is even greater.
With critical illness insurance, if you become sick with one of the covered conditions covered by your policy and survive the waiting period, you receive a cash benefit. You can then use the funds as you wish.
Manulife's Lifecheque Basic Critical Illness Insurance offers:
- Coverage for 5 major illnesses including cancer, heart disease, stroke, aeortic surgery and coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Lump sum payments of $25,000, $50,000 or $75,000 with a Return of Premium option.
- Coverage for applicants between the ages of 18 and 75.
Click the following link for more information on Lifecheque Basic Critical Illness insurance and to quote and apply on-line.
Manulife's Lifecheque Critical Illness Insurance offers:
Coverage for 24 major illnesses including:
- Aortic surgery
- Aplastic anemia
- Bacterial meningitis
- Benign brain tumour
- Cancer (life threatening)
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
- Heart attack
- Heart valve replacement or repair
- Kidney failure
- Loss of limbs
- Loss of speech
- Major organ failure (on waiting list)
- Major organ transplant
- Motor neuron disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Occupational HIV infection
- Parkinson’s disease and specified atypical parkinsonian disorders
- Severe burns
Lifecheque Policy options:
- 10-year renewable-coverage to age 75.The coverage renews every 10 years and the premium increases with each renewal.
- 20-year renewable- coverage to age 75.The coverage renews every 20 years and the premium increases with each renewal.
- Primary- coverage to age 65. The premium will not increase.
- Level- coverage to age 75. The premium will not increase.
- Permanent- coverage for the lifetime of the insured. The premium will not increase.
For more information, please contact our office.